Re-Opening Plan Begins June 11
On June 7, 2021 the Province announced the early easing of restrictions under the Reopening plan, into Step 1, as of June 11. This measure permits outdoor gatherings of up to ten. Subsequently starting the morning of Friday, June 11, 2021 all rowing sessions have been increased to groups of ten.
As a tenant in the South Shore Centre, the Barrie Rowing Club is obligated to comply with all local and provincial regulations related to Covid-19. The City of Barrie continues to monitor our operation to ensure we are complying with these regulations.
Please help us keep our Club operational by complying with our Covid-19 Protocols, including not using showers or change rooms, wearing masks when inside building or closer than 2 m, and washing and disinfecting boats and equipment after use (see video below). Adherence to these measures will help us to continue to operate until such time that these restrictions can be lifted.
Looking forward to seeing current and new members out on the water in the early mornings for fitness and fun while keeping our community healthy and safe.
Open for ‘Limited Use’ – May 22, 2021
The Ontario Government introduced the Roadmap to Reopen on Thursday where they permitted boat clubs to open this weekend. The Barrie Rowing Club is taking this opportunity to open for recreational rowing starting Sunday May 23.
Sessions will be open to groups of five for members that are in good standing, including payment of fees and completion of registration documents. Once these items are complete members will be provided access to the Schedule Sign Out Sheet. For the next week (May 23-May 27) buddy boating will be permitted for adult rowers only.
The BRC Covid-19 Protocols have been revised to reflect the current three step plan and include the requirement for daily screening, the wearing of masks while on shore, and the need to wash boats and oars after rowing. Please note change rooms and showers remain closed and washrooms are reserved for urgent use.
- Learn to Row and Other Structured Programs – No programs or lessons are currently permitted. The rules allow recreational boating which can be done with a safety boat. This is the same as before the Stay-at-Home order. Training/coaching/instructing is not permitted.
- Only singles are permitted at this time. Doubles are only permitted with household members (in addition to direct household members caregivers or an individual who lives alone can join one household group).
- Gatherings – 5 people is the limit for any gathering, so if a group is standing in the parking lot, or on the dock talking, there cannot be more than 5 people in that group. More people can be using the facility as long as they are maintaining a 2m distance and are not together in any organized way. Be cautious with how this is communicated.
It is important to remember that the Stay-at-Home order is still in place and that individuals need to ensure they are following all the Regulations currently in effect in the province.
- BRC COVID-19 Rowing Protocols (signature required annually)
- Covid-19 Self-assessment (signature required before every visit)
Your Barrie Rowing Club